The GP Advantage
Dynamics GP release
Microsoft has formally released the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics GP. With the October 2019 release, they are moving to the Modern Lifecycle. You will see that the “year” of the release has been dropped from the name, like most of Microsoft’s other products. This demonstrates Microsoft’s commitment to Dynamics GP and formalises a clear roadmap for clients and partners.
Under the Modern Lifecycle policy, the product or service remains in support if the following criteria are met:
- Clients must stay current as per the servicing and system requirements published for the product or service.
- Client must be licensed to use the product or service.
- Microsoft must currently offer support for the product or service.
There is no change to the support lifecycle policy for previous versions of Dynamics GP.
What does this policy mean for Dynamics GP?
Each year you are guaranteed at minimum:
- Feature update in October, meaning a larger update that includes new features for users.
- Mid-year update depending on regulatory changes for the year.
- Hotfixes released throughout the year with other changes.
- With each of the above releases, there will be continual quality fixes in each update.
What new features can you expect to see with this latest release?
- Compatibility with SQL Server 2019.
- Compatibility with Windows Server 2019.
- Compatibility with Office 2019.
- Expanded date option in SmartList.
- Sort companies and search option in
- User Access.
- User and User Security Workflow.
- Security Roles and Tasks Workflow.
- Import and Export Workflow.
- Further enhancements to existing Workflow functionality.
- Expand the view of fiscal periods.
- Long description for payables transaction entry.
- Document Attach available in Bank Reconciliation.
- Copy report option.
- Exclude inactive items on item price list.
- Paste from Excel in Web Client.
From there we can work together to determine the best options and most relevant timing for you moving forward.
More from 1Staff Staffing Software Solution
How to spot a phishing email SECURITY & COMPLIANCE | 1STAFF STAFFING SOFTWARE TEAMWhile an organization’s employees are its most valued asset, they are also, potentially, its weakest link in the area of IT security defence framework (technology, policy...
What happens if your colleagues get sick? One of the most immediate things you can do to protect against this is to start building out some process and procedural documentation.
RECORDED WEBINAR. How 1Staff Customers are Preparing for COVID-19. We realize that everything has changed for all of us in ways that no one could have imagined only days, not even weeks ago and everyone is working on finding a new normal.